The Ultimate Guide: How to Clean Polished Concrete Floors
Polished concrete floors have become increasingly popular for their sleek, modern appearance and durability. However, to maintain their pristine shine and extend their lifespan, proper cleaning is essential. In this article, we’ll explore the best way to clean polished concrete floors.
- Regular Dusting and Sweeping: The first step in maintaining polished concrete floors is to remove loose dirt and debris. Dust and sweep the floor regularly using a microfiber mop or a soft-bristle broom. This prevents abrasive particles from scratching the surface.
- Damp Mopping: For routine cleaning, use a damp mop with a pH-neutral cleaner specifically designed for polished concrete. Avoid harsh chemicals, as they can damage the surface. Be sure to change the mop water frequently to prevent streaking.
- Deep Cleaning: Over time, polished concrete floors may accumulate stubborn stains or grime. In such cases, a deep cleaning may be necessary. Use a specialized concrete floor cleaner (we sell this product in our showroom in Tauranga) and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Typically, this involves diluting the cleaner, applying it to the floor, agitating with a scrubbing machine or brush, and then rinsing/damp mopping thoroughly. At NZ Grinders, we offer a complementary service to our customers to borrow our floor polisher for a weekend, please contact us for details.
- Sealing: After deep cleaning, consider applying a concrete sealer to enhance the floor’s protection and shine. Sealers act as a barrier against stains and moisture, extending the life of your polished concrete. We can offer this service to you – just call Glen and ask for a rejuvenation.
- Avoid Harsh Scrubbing: While it’s important to clean thoroughly, avoid using abrasive scrubbing pads or steel wool, as they can scratch the surface. Stick to soft materials to maintain the floor’s luster.
- Regular Maintenance: Establish a routine maintenance schedule to ensure your polished concrete floors stay in optimal condition. This may include periodic resealing and touch-up cleaning as needed.
In conclusion, cleaning polished concrete floors requires a combination of regular maintenance and occasional deep cleaning. Using the right cleaning products and techniques will help preserve the floor’s shine and longevity. Remember, a well-maintained polished concrete floor can be a stunning addition to any space, providing both aesthetics and durability.
If you are considering a polished concrete floor, you can reach out to Glen at 021-434-199.Glen serves the North Island, including Auckland, Tauranga, New Plymouth, Napier, Hamilton, Cambridge, Waikato, and Wellington. If you’re in the South Island, please contact Mike at 027-281-8815 for Queenstown, Lakes, Dunedin, and Invercargill. Alternatively, you can send an email, and our Sales Manager Ian will promptly get in touch with you.